Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How to recognise an Asexual Commitment Phobic



Heterosexual , homosexual and bisexual. We all know who these are. But there are a different kind of species too- the asexuals. Asexuals are super sexy people who just don't find sex sexy enough. Add to this being a commitment phobic; which doesn't necessarily mean that an asexual is a philanderer. Commitment phobic people don't avoid commitment because they think "oh my god! I won't get to flirt with hot girls/guys anymore"! OK, In certain cases they might think so. Commitment phobic people avoid commitment because they don't wanna get ditched, get hurt or go through all that devdasgiri that lovers go through.

I am an asexual commitment phobic. I find the idea of physical proximity uninteresting. I don't think I am ugly. I am not insecure. I am more confident about myself and my body than most people I know. Yet getting close is just plain boring. For some time, I believed I might be gay, but then even girls didn't turn me on.  I thought I was the only one of this kind until I read about Franz Kafka. That just means super awesome people are like this! I don't know what exactly went on in Kafka's life and mind. See, he died much before I was born. I never got a chance to interview him with all the great interviewing techniques that I am taught at college everyday.

How to recognize an Asexual Commitment Phobic  (ACP)- Best way to spot such people are through their conversations - So here's a sample -


Friend - So , who are you dating now ?
ACP - ummmmmmmmm, well....... , a lot of people!! 
Prospective lover - So , can we kiss ?
ACP - ha ha ha! (artificial laugh) ! Yeah sure! (changes the topic)
Prospective lover -  I will miss you . 
ACP - ha hah ha ! Why will you ? (says bye)
Super serious prospective lover -   I want to marry you . 
ACP -   haha haha haha haha haha haha 
Super serious prospective love -   Don't laugh ! 
ACP -  Can we talk later? (still finds the concept hilarious

So if you come across such a person, don't dismiss her or him as being a flirt who clings to his/ her freedom. These people just fake it. And sometimes, to extremes. Who wants to get hurt anyway! 

4 comments:

Rafia said...

i can so relate wid this!!!... m not "super sexy " though...

Sameen Husain said...

@rafia - dont underestimate urself

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shahbaz A Azmi said...

Might have judged you wrong in the past..but I am still sure of my instincts..Keeping that aside..This was brilliant..